Her highly anticipated and very emotional album 30 is being released this Friday.
And Adele revealed this week that she left a secret relationship a year after she separated from her ex-husband Simon Konecki because she associated him with the breakup of their marriage.
Speaking to The Face, the singer – who is now dating Rich Paul – said: “It wasn’t right to leave a wedding and then go out a year later. Even if you feel ready, it’s a gaping, open wound, whether you’re leaving or not. is abandoned. ‘
“I associate him with the breakup of my marriage”: Adele revealed this week that she left a secret relationship a year after she separated from her ex-husband Simon Konecki.
She continued: ‘I couldn’t pretend I wasn’t in my own storm … I couldn’t give myself right. I couldn’t be consistent, and neither could he.
– I associate him with the breakup of my marriage. So then, he’s part of the storm.
– And I was just, you know, really honest with him about it, thank God. Otherwise I might find myself in a situation where I didn’t want to be in a relationship after leaving one. ‘
Adele is now happily dating sports agent Rich Paul, 39, after they met at a mutual friends birthday party, became friends, and later began a relationship.
Beloved: Adele is now happily dating sports agent Rich Paul, 39, after they met at a mutual friends ’birthday party, became friends and later began a relationship.
Here comes the last candid interview of the singer after it was revealed that her upcoming album would include heartbreaking voice notes exchanged with her son Angelo.
On an emotional track, My Little Love, the singer includes recordings of conversations with her nine-year-old child in which he tries to stop her from crying in the middle of her divorce in 2019, which is the key theme of the album.
Adele – who shares Angelo with ex-husband Simon Konecki – sings: “I’m so sorry if what I did makes you sad”.
In more heartbreaking notes she says “Tell me you love me,” to which Angelo replies, “I love you, one million percent.” I feel like you like me too. ‘
New interview: Speaking to The Face, Adele said of the secret romance: ‘It wasn’t right, leave marriage and then go out a year later. It’s a gaping, open wound ‘
Adele continues in the tearful voice notes: ‘You know mom doesn’t like anyone else like I like you, do you? Mom has had a lot of great feelings lately, I’m confused and I don’t know what I’m doing. ‘
In more voice notes to her son she says: ‘I love your dad because he gave you to me … I had a bad day, I am very worried …
‘I feel very paranoid, tense, and I’m a drunkard, which never helps. I feel like today is the first day after I left him that I really feel lonely – and I never do.
‘I just feel really lonely and scared, and I’m afraid I might feel this a lot.’
Loving dad: Adele dedicated 30 to son Angelo – whom she shares with ex-husband Simon Konecki (picture with Simon in 2013)
1. Strangers by Nature – The opening track is loaded with funeral chords and sets the tone for the impending chorus that fans are preparing to witness.
2. Easy About Me – The album’s lead song is already a classic on the album
3. My Little Love – Angelo’s appearance in this song makes it the most heartfelt and details the complications of her pain.
4. Cry Your Heart Out – To avoid an excess of ballads, this song is completely more upbeat.
5. Oh My God – A mediocre R&B number about the arrival of a new love.
6. Can I Get It – The album Rolling In The Deep moment sees her team with Swedish producer Max Martin and his companion Shellback.
7. I Drink Wine – Having a song centered around wine draws attention straight back to Adele’s recent chat about her relationship with alcohol during the split and how she kicked alcohol to dump her ‘hangxiety’.
8. All Night Parking interlude (with Erroll Garner)
9. Woman Like Me – The most obvious references to Simon are made in the comments on ‘laziness and complacency’ here.
10. Hold On – This track has “Adele’s Crazy Friends” listed as the chorus and she told Oprah that she could see the song being a “national anthem”
11. To Be Loved – Adele has revealed that this track is about her estranged father Mark Evans and the steps she took to allow herself to be loved despite his absence.
12. Love Is a Game – Adele ends on a high note with the track where she sings “Love is a fame for fools to play and I ain’t fooling”
13. Wild Wild West
14. Can’t Be Together
15. Easy for me (with Chris Stapleton)
In Woman Like Me meanwhile, she sang about Simon: ‘Complaint is the worst trait, are you crazy? It’s so sad that a man like you could be so lazy …
‘All you do is complain about decisions you make / How can I help you get up if you refuse to activate?’
While Adele presents her son on her new album, and dedicated the music to him, she revealed this week that her special CBS One Night Only concert was the first time Angelo has ever seen her perform.
The hit performer Someone Like You took to the stage at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles in late October to film the show.
While on stage she exclaimed, ‘This is the first time my son has ever seen me perform!
‘It is the absolute honor of my life to have you here tonight, baby,’ she added with a smile.
Looking back on the touching moment on Twitter, Adele said she “has never been so nervous in my life” for her son to watch her live for the first time.
She wrote: ‘It was also the first time my son saw me act and I have never been so nervous in my life !! I hope you like it, tune in tonight at 20:30 ET / 20:00 PT on CBS x. ‘
The star explained that Angelo had previously participated in rehearsals with her when the arena was empty, and compared them to a packed show when they were to see Taylor Swift together.
‘He’s like,‘ So many people come to her shows, ’’ she remembered laughing. ‘But I make him leave before they all arrive. It was so cute and so funny. ‘
The Rolling in the Deep singer then told Oprah Winfrey in the accompanying interview that after the release of her first single Easy on Me from the new album 30, her son was surprised by her popularity.
She said: ‘There were about a hundred thousand people waiting [and] you had all these likes, ‘she recalled Angelo saying. ‘Then he said,’ People really like you. ‘ ‘
Adele then discussed her hopes for her son’s future with the talk show host, saying she just wants him to be a “good and happy person”.
‘I don’t expect anything from him,’ she explained. ‘I don’t care what his career is, as long as he’s passionate about whatever it is, what he’s doing and he’s happy.’
In the interview Adele also revealed that adjusting to being a single parent and her divorce was “process” and “exhausting”.
Dedication: While Adele is presenting her son on her new album, she revealed this week that her special CBS One Night Only concert was the first time Angelo has seen her perform.
Track listing: Headlines about Adele’s upcoming release give insights into her divorce