Travis Scott sued for millions by Astroworld concert victims

Currently, more than 300 people are suing Travis Scott after the deadly massacre at Astroworld Festival. The death toll is 10 after the November 5 tragedy while hundreds of concertgoers were injured during his performance. More lawsuits are likely to follow.

Scott and Drake are named in a new $ 750 million lawsuit on behalf of 125 victims, including the family of Axel Acosta, a 21-year-old man who died from injuries sustained during the concert. People obtained a copy of the lawsuit in which attorney Tony Buzbee calls Acosta’s death “the result of gross negligence.”

“When Axel collapsed, he was trampled by those fighting to prevent himself from being crushed,” the lawsuit states. “As he lay there under a crowd of humanity, dying, the music played and flowed – for almost 40 minutes.”

Sources close to Scott claim to Yahoo Entertainment that he did not understand that the mass victim situation developed as he performed.

“Axel Acosta loved and adored Travis Scott and the other performers at Astroworld – the feeling was not mutual; certainly, neither Travis Scott nor his exclusive partners, streaming service, record labels, caregivers, accompaniment, managers, agents, hangers, advertisers, organizers or sponsors cared enough about Axel Acosta and the other concertgoers for even the slightest effort to keep them safe, ”the complaint continues.

Apple Music, Live Nation, Epic Records, Scott’s Cactus Jack Records, and Tristar Sports & Entertainment Group are also named. Buzbee added that his law firm plans to file another lawsuit “with an additional 100 named plaintiffs.”

This is the latest lawsuit in a series of lawsuits against Scott. Prominent civil rights lawyer Ben Crump filed a lawsuit on behalf of 90 people who participated in the festival, claiming they suffer “mentally, physically and psychologically.”

“This lawsuit is not just about getting justice for them, but it’s about making sure the promoters and the organizers know that you can’t allow that to happen someday in the future, even if you have to stop the concert right away,” Crump said at one. a press conference last week, specifically called Live Nation.

“There were several people who could stop this concert when we saw these tragic circumstances start around the 9:05 timeline – and we have a timeline that breaks it down – and each and every one of them could be stopping the music … and everyone could just breathe in. But they didn’t do that, “he added. “And that’s what we’re telling Live Nation and everyone involved: In the future, safety must be paramount.”

San Antonio attorney Thomas J. Henry filed Astroworld’s first lawsuit after the incident, telling CNN last week that he represents 110 clients. Yahoo Entertainment contacted Henry to see if that number was still accurate, but had not heard back.

Scott has been out of sight since the tragedy, but he is about to return in the spotlight.

The 30-year-old rapper and Kylie Jenner, who is pregnant with her second child, are on the cover of W The next issue of the magazine. The couple even participated in a rare joint interview.

“The issue was photographed and printed ahead of the tragic events in Houston,” a spokesman for the magazine told BuzzFeed News. “W will not post the cover. “

W is supposed to remove any digital advertising from the issue, but what will happen to the already printed numbers remains in question. Page Six reports that the magazine is struggling to stop delivery trucks. Spokesman for W did not respond to Yahoo’s request for comment.

Kylie attended the deadly concert with daughter Stormi and sister Kendall Jenner. Kylie and her famous family were criticized for how they publicly addressed issues in the days following the tragedy. A video of the makeup mogul’s Instagram story showed an ambulance entering the crowd. It was later removed.

“Travis and I are broken and destroyed. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who lost their lives, were hurt or touched anyway by yesterday’s events. And also for Travis, who I know, cares deeply about his fans and the Houston- community, “she wrote in a statement.

An investigation into the horrific incident continues.

Leave a Comment